From the statutes of Tafel Deutschland e.V.:
Not everyone can afford a balanced diet - and at the same time, huge amounts of food is wasted. The food banks in Germany create a balance. The aim of the food banks is to distribute high-quality food that can no longer be used in the economic process to people in need.
The food banks collect excess food that can still be used according to legal regulations and give it to people affected by poverty.
- The food banks can also distribute everyday items.
- The focus must be on collecting and distributing food.
- The submission is free of charge or for a small fee. Necessary cost contributions should be as low as possible. The cost contribution must be based, on the one hand, on the social mission of the food banks and, on the other hand, on the precarious situation of the recipients of our services.
- The determination of need is based on the tax code § 53, taking into account the local conditions and is determined individually by each board.
- The food is distributed in compliance with the Food Hygiene Ordinance (LMHV) and the Infection Protection Act.
The work of the Tafel is basically voluntary. If possible and necessary, it can be supported by employees who are financed and supported in different ways.
The work of the Tafel is supported by donors and sponsors. Food banks welcome donations in kind, money and time. The purchase of food is permitted if it is made by the donor and is passed on to the food banks (donation in kind) and/or is used for projects and occasions (e.g. children's projects, senior projects, Christmas parties, food bank day). p>
The Tafel work independently of political parties and denominations. The food banks help all people who need help.
The name “Tafel” is legally protected as a registered trademark by Tafel Deutschland e.V.
- The name of the association or project is generally the place name in conjunction with the preceding or following name “Tafel” and, if applicable, e.V., e.g. Tafel Berlin e.V. or Berliner Tafel e.V.
- Boards that are sponsored may use the name of the sponsor as additional information.
- Any designations that deviate from this require the express consent of Tafel Deutschland e.V.
- The name “Tafel” must be applied for in writing from Tafel Deutschland e.V. and is only given to legal entities for specific Tafel projects.
- The logo of Tafel Deutschland e.V. should be adopted from the local food bank in shape and color with the respective location name without any changes.
The work of the panels is predominantly local. The panels respect the protection of the area without competing with each other.
- If there are discrepancies in the regional table work, e.g. B. in the case of new food banks or existing food banks, the priority should be to find an amicable solution in the interests of local people affected by poverty.
- If this is not possible, the responsible regional association must be consulted.
- The boards exchange information and experiences regionally and nationally.
- The food banks help each other with the aim of effectively supporting the local food bank work.
The Tafel principles of Tafel Deutschland e.V. are guidelines for the work of the Tafel in Germany. Through its membership in Tafel Deutschland e.V. and its signature, the Tafel declares its recognition of and compliance with the Tafel principles.
The Tafel Deutschland e.V. ensures compliance with the Tafel principles.